Monday, November 12, 2012

To Fret or Not to Fret

It's a lazy morning for me.  Can't do much work.  Not until after the IT guys get their acts together and fix the bugs, or whatever, in the program or system I'm using.  The problem is huge.  And they've been working all weekend on it.  Still, nothing has happened.  Nothing is happening.  I'm beginning to think the system has some cancer that has no cure.

What do I do?

I can fret.  I like tying up work early in the week.  Ordinarily, the bulk of my work is almost done by mid-week and I take care of loose-ends as Friday comes.  

This week, I have every right(?) to fret.  I have a swimming party to go to this weekend.  And it looks like my laptop is coming with me. 

I was just in the mood to fret my heart out.  Then, U came across this poem.  Again. One of my favorites.

Comes the Dawn
After awhile you learn the subtle difference between holding
   a hand and chaining a soul.
And you learn that love doesn't mean security,
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
And presents aren't promises.
And you begin to accept your defeats with you head up and
   your eyes open.
With the grace of maturity, not the grief of a child.
And you learn to build all your roads on today because
   tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans,
And futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.
After awhile you learn that even sunshine burns if you get
   too much.
So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul,
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure...
That you really are strong
And that you really do have worth.
And you learn and learn and learn...
With every goodbye you learn.
Author: Veronica A. Shoftstall

How about you?  Wouldn't you also choose not to fret after you read this poem?  

If you want to be happy, if you're ready to be happy, listen to this poem with your heart.  Listen and listen well.  Until you learn...

Thank you, Lord, for lazy mornings.  I have no right to fret.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment